It is an exciting time to join Mission Neighborhood Centers, Inc. (MNC)!
Under the supervision of the After-School Program Lead, the Recreational Aide will provide homework assistance, enriched learning opportunities and activities with at-risk Mission Girls participants, typically aged 8-17 years old. The Recreational Aide is responsible for assisting in the development, planning, and implementation of tutoring and enrichment programming for the Mission Girls after school program, as well as conduct outreach, recruitment, and providing safe passage of youth to the center.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plan, coordinate, and evaluate recreation and enrichment activities in accordance with contract regulations, including but not limited to cultural enrichment, nutrition and fitness, health education, academic enrichment, leadership council, social consciousness raising, and fundraising.
- Create innovative culturally and linguistically appropriate sequenced lesson plans and curriculum. Incorporate academic content and skill development to program curriculum that contributes to participants’ school success and helps address the achievement gap.
- Plan and implement project-based learning and experiential outings and activities to enhance participants learning and skill development.
- Support a program environment that is learner centered, promotes a sense of physical and emotional safety.
- Support positive relationships between staff and program participants, and between participants and their peers.
- Perform on-going program assessment and evaluation, participate in agency planning.
- Assist in development and implementation of an outreach plan to recruit youth from the target population, including but not limited to collaborations with SFUSD, CPS, Family Resource Centers, CBO’s, parent organizations, etc.
- Act as liaison with school, community, public agencies and parents/guardians of participants.
- Supervise, evaluate and provide leadership development, assign workers, interns and volunteers involved in the program.
- Assist in registration and orientation process for participants and parents.
- Provide individual follow-up services and referral information to clients as needed and to other MNC youth services and community services.
- Collaborate in the planning and production of community events including Dia de los Muertos, Holiday/Winter break, Black History month, Carnival, Spring break, family nights, program graduations and showcase, etc.
- Recruit in kind service providers to implement cultural enrichment, health and wellness, youth leadership, and other enrichment activities within the program.
- Advocate for participant needs, providing referral information, when appropriate to internal and external services based on individual participant needs. Provide individual follow-up services to clients as needed.
- Collaborate with community to coordinate enrichment services.
- Represent MNC at appropriate community forums and funder meetings/trainings; maintain superior customer service with funders, staff, collaborating agencies, parents, and participants at all times. Adequately inform, share information, and collaborate with adults.
- Maintain accurate program records and follows reporting procedures. Compile, analyze, verify and submit data according to funding schedule and guidelines.
- Participate in weekly staff meetings and as trainings are offered.
- Actively participate in the creation and implementation of a personal staff development plan striving for self-improvement.
- Must be available to participate in late afternoon, evening, and some weekend activities as needed (including Memorial Day Weekend, and during school breaks).
- Supporting other Youth Service Programs as needed.
- Responds to community crisis when necessary.
POSITION QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
Education: High School Degree Required. ECE/CDEV or equivalent experience; working towards an Associate or Bachelor’s Degree in Child Development or in any other related field.
Experience: Work experience facilitating groups of working with high-risk youth and young teens ages 8-17 and successful experience in developing curriculum and creating and implementing youth programs. Child care experience, preferred. Knowledge of trauma-informed care and restorative justice practices.
- Current CA Driver’s License, current auto insurance and a clean driving record.
- Fingerprinting Clearance (DOJ)
- Current Physical Health Screening (every 2 years thereafter)
- Current CPR & First Aid Certificate (every 2 years thereafter)
- Current Immunizations (TB) (every 2 years thereafter)
- Clearance Child Abuse Index
Language(s): English/Spanish, preferred
How to Apply
If you are qualified and interested in applying, please send your resume and cover letter with Recreational Aide – Mission Girls in the subject line to email@example.com.
Please do not contact us by phone. Please visit our web site for additional information on our Company web-site at: www.mncsf.org
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome diversity in the workplace. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.