Bring your passion for early care and education and make a difference in a child’s life in one of San Francisco’s premier child development organizations. Join and grow with MNC!
We have been providing early care and education in San Francisco for 38 years. Currently, we are rapidly expanding our early care and education services for infants, toddlers, and preschoolers as we open new classrooms and facilities to add to our portfolio of ten child development centers. We are looking for a Health Specialist to support our Health Team in providing high-quality health, safety, nutrition, and prenatal services to our families and children. Join our energetic Health Team to:
- Collaborate with Site Supervisors, Home Visitors, Family Service Specialists, and other staff to arrange immunizations and coordinate health assessments including hearing and vision screenings, height and weight reporting, and blood pressure readings as required by the Head Start Performance Standards
- Provide health services and resources to all children, with a focus on infants and toddlers
- Assist in monitoring, preparing program reports and assessments, and maintaining child files
- Review health documents to ensure children and pregnant women receive age appropriate and preventative health care
What we offer:
- Competitive salaries ranging from $47,000-50,000/year based on experience
- Comprehensive health, vision, and dental benefits
- Employee Assistance Program provides staff with access to professional consultations around financial, health, and legal matters
- Professional development opportunities, paid staff training days, and support for continuing education
- Opportunities to participate in 403(b) retirement program with a matching plan and Flexible Savings Account (FSA) for medical reimbursement
- Commuter benefits
- A rewarding career with opportunities to branch out to multiple career paths in early care and education
- AA/AS Degree in Education, Public Health Administration or in related field preferred
- 2-3 years in health/nutrition related experience preferred, 2+ years community-based experience in a setting working with families and community organizations who have experienced poverty, crisis, trauma, and other adverse events
- Clearance Child Abuse Index
- Fingerprinting Clearance (DOJ)
- Willing to get current immunizations (TB, Influenza, MMR, Pertussis) and physical health screening
- CPR & First Aid Certified or must be willing to attend a training to obtain a certificate
- Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Internet Explorer; Excel and PowerPoint a plus
- Languages: English, Spanish required
- Knowledge of Head Start/Early Head Start, a plus
How to Apply:
If you are qualified and interested in joining and growing with us, please send your resume and cover letter with Health Specialist in the subject line to email@example.com.
Learn more about the work that we do to uplift the lives of children, families, and our communities at www.mncsf.org.
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome diversity in the workplace. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.