It is an exciting time to join Mission Neighborhood Centers, Inc. (MNC)!
Under the supervision of the Executive Director, the Executive Assistant provides high-level support for Executive Director including document preparation, operational support, heavy calendar management and successful coordination of business meetings. They serve as liaison between the Executive Director and other departments within the organization to support the daily operational needs of MNC.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS / RESPONSIBILITIES
• Completes a broad variety of administrative tasks for the Executive Director including: managing an extremely active calendar of appointments; completing expense reports; composing and preparing correspondence that is sometimes confidential; arranging complex and detailed travel plans, itineraries, and agendas; and compiling documents for travel-related meetings.
• Plans, coordinates and ensures the Executive Director schedule is followed and respected. Provides “gatekeeper” and “gateway” role, creating win-win situations for direct access to the Executive Director time.
• Communicates directly, and on behalf of the Executive Director, with board members, senior management team, staff, partners and others, on matters related to Executive Director programmatic initiatives.
• Researches, prioritizes, and follows up on incoming issues and concerns addressed to the Executive Director, including those of a sensitive or confidential nature. Determines appropriate course of action, referral, or response.
• Provides a bridge for smooth communication between the Executive Director’s office and internal departments; demonstrating leadership to maintain credibility, trust and support with senior management staff.
• Works closely and effectively with the Executive Director to keep him well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately. Acts as a “barometer,” having a sense for the issues taking place in the environment and keeping the Executive Director updated.
• Provides leadership to build relationships crucial to the success of the organization, and manages a variety of special projects for the Executive Director, some of which may have organizational impact.
• Successfully completes critical aspects of deliverables with a hands-on approach, including drafting acknowledgement letters, personal correspondence, and other tasks that facilitate the Executive Director’s ability to effectively lead the agency.
• Prioritizes conflicting needs; handles matters expeditiously, proactively, and follows-through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures.
• Performs routine bookkeeping tasks such as reviewing, coding and processing invoices; preparing and processing various accounting documents such as Executive Director’s expense report or retreat expenses.
• Serves as the Executive Director’s administrative liaison to the board of directors.
• Provide board meeting and committee meeting support including assisting with the production of materials, attending board meetings, writing meeting minutes, tracking board and committee meeting attendance, and tracking board meeting actions and delegations. Maintain board and committee meeting files as requested.
• Assist in maintaining the agency’s records and governance activities. This includes ensuring all minutes of the Board of Directors and certain committee meetings are signed by the board secretary, tracking and filing all actions taken by Unanimous Written Consent, updating the Policies and Procedures manual as policies are adopted or amended.
• Assist in the development of materials for new board member orientations and/or administrative duties associated with board member resignations as requested. Maintain board member files as requested.
• Assists board members with travel arrangements, lodging, and meal planning for board retreats.
• Maintains discretion and confidentiality in relationships with all board members.
Senior Management Team Liaison
• Participates as an adjunct member of the senior management team including assisting in scheduling meetings and attending all meetings.
• Assists in coordinating the agenda of senior management team meetings and off-sites, and all staff meetings.
• Facilitates cross-divisional coordination of travel and outreach plans.
Communications, Partnerships, and Outreach
• Ensures that the Executive Director’s bio is kept updated and responds to requests for materials regarding the Executive Director and the organization in general.
• Edits and completes first drafts for written communications to external stake holders.
POSITION QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
Education: AA Degree is required. Preferred Bachelor’s Degree in Administration; or equivalent combination of education and experience in Administration.
Experience: A minimum of 5 years of experience providing administrative support, with at least 2+ years’ experience in a comparable role as an assistant to a senior executive or as a board liaison, preferably in a non-profit organization.
Language(s): English, Spanish preferred
Skills and Abilities:
• Personality – Independent thinker, possess excellent customer service skills, professional attitude, a high level of personal integrity, maturity, and business judgment required.
• Performance – Able to multi-task, prioritize task, meet deadlines, able to do presentations and to maintain confident information. Strong analytical skills and demonstrated attention to detail.
• Communication – Strong written and verbal communication skills. Must be a well-organized professional who thrives in a team-oriented environment.
• Stress Management – Ability to remain tactful under pressure and present a professional demeanor and communication style with co-workers in a multicultural setting.
Software: Proficiency with MS Office Suite (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint).
Decision Making: Ability to make solid decisions, problem-solve and simultaneously handle multiple job tasks and priorities.
• Medical, dental and vision coverage
• Vacation and Sick Time
• 12 Paid Holidays
• Retirement Program 403 (b)
• Life Insurance
• Long Term Disability
• Employee Assistance Program
• Commuter Benefits an easy access to Public Transportation
• Amazing SF location -the Mission and Excelsior Districts’ melting pot of cultures, cuisines and colorful Latino markets; close to upscale restaurants and the best taquerias and street foods.
• Close knit, caring team
• And more!
How to Apply:
If you are qualified and interested in applying, please send your resume and cover letter with Executive Assistant in the subject line to email@example.com
Please do not contact us by phone. Please visit our web site for additional information on our Company web-site at: www.mncsf.org
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome diversity in the workplace. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.