Mission Neighborhood Centers, Inc.
San Francisco, CA
Mission Neighborhood Centers, Inc. (MNC) now in its 60th year, is seeking a qualified individual for an Administrative Assistant
MNC provides quality early care and education, enriching after-school programs , empowering workforce development for at-risk youth and engaging activities for elders aimed at helping them avoid isolation and depression.
Under the supervision of the Office Manager, the Administrative Assistant will primarily be responsible for providing general office support with a variety of clerical activities and related tasks. The Administrative Assistant will be responsible for answering and directing incoming calls to appropriate associates, mail distribution, placing orders, managing the rental of the auditorium and handling general administrative duties.
- Handles administrative tasks, such as, creating and maintaining files, answering phones and routing calls to appropriate individuals.
- Greets and routes visitors.
- Separates and distributes incoming mail.
- Ensure supplies in breakroom and storage closet are well stocked.
- Handles delivery of packages received, and distribute where necessary.
- Make copies and meeting packets as necessary.
- Assists in the maintenance of organizational files.
- Assists in the planning of special events.
- Coordinates the scheduling of meeting rooms.
- Coordinates and manages the rental of the MNC auditorium.
- Arranges for meetings
- Makes travel arrangements as necessary
- Maintains a current list of vehicles and maintains pertinent vehicle documentation for the organization.
- Handles special administrative projects as well as overflow work from other assistants.
- Run errands using agency vehicles as requested.
- Trouble shoots copier problems.
- Places supply orders and distributes supplies accordingly and follows-up to secure invoices.
- Assist with placing and tracking asset tag to items at various sites, and records information
- Secures and records payments as submitted.
- Arranges for courier pick ups
- High School Degree Required. Associate Degree in Administration, preferred or equivalent office administrative experience.
- Minimum of 2+ years office administrative role; non-profit experience a plus.
- Current CA Driver’s License, current auto insurance and a clean driving record.
- Fingerprinting Clearance (DOJ)
- Fluent in English/Spanish
Skills and Abilities:
- Personality – Independent thinker, possess excellent customer service skills, professional attitude, a high level of personal integrity, maturity, and business judgment required.
- Performance – Able to multi-task, prioritize task, meet deadlines, able to do presentations and to maintain confident information. Strong analytical skills and demonstrated attention to detail.
- Communication – Strong written and verbal communication skills. Must be a well-organized professional who thrives in a team-oriented environment.
- Stress Management – Ability to remain tactful under pressure and present a professional demeanor and communication style with co-workers in a multicultural setting.
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Access) and multi-line phone system.
A full suite of benefits included in the package, plus a great work culture and an amazing SF location – the Mission and Excelsior Districts’ melting pot of cultures, cuisines and colorful Latino markets; close to BART, upscale restaurants and the best taquerias and street foods.
How to Apply
Please apply on line at www.mncsf.org with Administrative Assistant in the subject line.
Please visit our web site for additional information on our company at: www.mncsf.org
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome diversity in the workplace. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.