It is an exciting time to join Mission Neighborhood Centers, Inc. (MNC)!
Under the general direction and supervision of the Senior Center Manager, the Arts & Activities Coordinator plans, develops, coordinates and executes participatory arts activities for the MNC Senior Center. Responsible for leading and overseeing activities which may include visual arts, music, dance classes, choir, and etc. Is also, responsible for managing art shows profiling the work of seniors and individuals with disabilities in the program. Identifying collaborative opportunities and securing arts instructors, as needed, to ensure the quality of the arts program. Must ensure compliance with the funding source and monitors the effectiveness of program activities.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS / RESPONSIBILITIES
• Oversees the Senior Healthy Aging Program and leads the day-to-day operation of the senior center in accordance with agency policies and standards set forth in funding contracts.
• Develops and implements senior and adults with disabilities programs that are culturally and linguistically appropriate based on client needs.
• Provides guidance and leadership to staff to emphasize the importance of the program achieving high standards of quality, internally and through public and private sector partnerships.
• Promotes compliance with all program performance standards, and immediately takes appropriate action when program is non-compliant.
• Insures that information is accurately maintained in the CA GetCare Community Services database.
• Develops and tracks program outcomes.
• Submits monthly, quarterly and annual reports in the CARBON system as per contractual obligations.
• Develops and maintains linkages with community resources and establishes collaborations to enhance the quality of services to senior sand adults with disabilities.
• Maintains client files in accordance with legal and grant requirements and complete all documentation in a timely manner.
• Evaluates client needs, follow-ups and document progress notes to ensure quality and effective service delivery for participants.
• Provide administrative support and assistance during programming for activities, fieldtrips, newsletters, translations, etc.
• Ensures follow-up when participants are hospitalized to ensure a good transition back to home from an acute care or other institutional setting.
• Plans and implements creative and engaging activities for senior sand adults with disabilities.
• Responsible for budget development and management of Senior Services contracts.
• In coordination with the Operations Director, prepare annual Senior Services operating budget.
• Conducts annual self-assessment of program cost-effectiveness.
• Monitor spending and prepares all necessary invoices related to the program.
• Actively participates in fund development and grant writing requirements for the program.
• Responsible for overseeing the timely submission of all Senior Program reports in accordance with funder and agency requirements.
• Develops and maintains tracking system for participant files and demographic data and manage data entry requirements.
• Oversee the development, implementation and maintenance of evaluation and record keeping systems for the Senior Program.
• Coordinates the collection and reporting of evaluation data in accordance with performance measures.
• Ensures that programs meet quality standards required by the agency and funding sources.
Staff Development and Supervision
• In coordination with the Human Resource Department actively participates in the recruitment, selection, hiring, orientation, training, counseling, and dismissal of staff.
• Supervises, evaluates and provides leadership development to Senior Services staff, interns, and parent volunteers.
• Leads the team in ensuring that all programming, activities and communications are congruent with the mission and vision of MNC and its youth services.
• Facilitates weekly staff meetings and individual supervision meetings with staff.
• Conducts annual performance evaluation process for all staff.
• Develops and monitors staff development plans for individual staff.
• Responsible for attending supervision meetings with the Operations Director.
Public Relations and Community Building
• Act as liaison with community, public agencies and family members on behalf of MNC.
• Attends monthly and/or quarterly meetings held by funding agencies.
• Attends monthly staff and case consultation meetings.
• Represents MNC at relevant community meetings, conferences, events, etc.
• Maintains active presence in relevant community initiatives and collaborative.
• Recruits collaborative partners, volunteers and in kind service providers to leverage service delivery.
• Collaborates with and make referrals to other MNC services as needed.
• Collaborates with and make referrals to outside community services as needed.
POSITION QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
Education: Require a Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work, Human Services or other related field; or AS in a related field with at least 3 years of social service delivery with elderly and/or family populations; or 6 years of experience.
Experience: Required 3+ years’ work experience in interacting with seniors and disabled adults preferred, as well as experience in case management, group facilitation and recreational activities. Commitment to social action, social justice, civic engagement and leadership development.
• Current Physical Health Screening (every 2 years thereafter)
• Fingerprinting Clearance (DOJ)
• Current Immunizations (TB, Influenza, MMR, Pertussis) (must be kept current)
• Current CPR & First Aid Certificate (every 2 years thereafter)
• Valid State of California Driver’s License (current auto insurance and a clean driving record.)
How to Apply
If you are qualified and interested in applying, please send your resume and cover letter with Senior Program Arts & Activities Coordinator in the subject line to email@example.com
Please do not contact us by telephone. Please visit our web site for additional information on our Company web-site at: www.mncsf.org
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome diversity in the workplace. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.