Job Title: Recreational Aide
Component: Youth Services
Position Status: Part-time
FLSA Classification: Non-Exempt
Reports To: Program Coordinator
Salary: $13.00 an hour
Summary Description: Under the direct supervision of the Program Coordinator the Recreational Aide will provide gender specific services with young women that are at risk. The position is responsible for the implementation of recreational activities for young girls between the ages of 9-17 years old within our after school and summer program. Conduct outreach for gender specific programs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following: Other duties may be assigned
The Recreational Aide will be responsible for implementing the Department of Children, Youth and their Families work plans.
- Plan, coordinate, and facilitate weekly recreational activities in accordance with DCYF contract regulations within the on site after school and summer program including but not limited to cultural enrichment, nutrition and fitness, health education, academic enrichment, career mentoring, leadership council, and social consciousness raising.
- Provide individual follow-up services and information and referrals to clients as needed.
- Implement outreach plan to recruit and retain program participants.
- Recruit in kind services providers to implement gender specific activities and serve as guest speakers or work shop presenters.
- Supervise, evaluate and provide leadership development to youth workers, interns and volunteers involved in the Mission Girls Program.
- Assist in the planning and implementation of program outings.
- Maintain attendance and client records.
- Develop curriculum on gender specific topics in English and Spanish.
- Act as liaison with school, community, public agencies and parents/guardians of participants.
- Collaborate in the planning and production of community events including Dia de los Muertos,
International Women’s Day, Carnaval, holiday celebration and program graduation dinner.
- Participate in Mission Girls weekly staff meetings and trainings.
- Makes referrals to MNC youth services and other community resources.
- Prepare and submit accurate reports as required by program, including monthly report to DCYF and MNC and the collection of evaluation and demographic data.
- Must be available to participate in late afternoon and evening outreach activities as needed (Including holidays)
- Performs other related duties and responsibilities as required.
Language skills: Bilingual in Spanish/English required. Many youth and families served are monolingual Spanish speaking.
Requirements: Must be successfully working towards a BA (a current transcript must be on file) in social work, counseling, psychology; must have a valid California drivers license with good driving record; must be able to obtain fingerprint clearance, must be able to obtain TB clearance.
6 months leading After school Program with Young Girls; Data entry skills and ability to handle logistics of programs;
The agency has the right to change duties as business requires. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
Prospective candidates should email resume responding to the position. Please include a resume and the names, addresses, and telephone numbers of three persons who may be contacted for references to:
Attention: Mission Girls Program Coordinator
3007 24th Street
San Francisco, CA 94110
Mission Neighborhood Centers, Inc., is an Equal Opportunity Employer. People of Color Strongly Encouraged to Apply. Reasonable accommodations may be made to encourage individuals with disabilities to apply.