Mission Neighborhood Centers
San Francisco, CA
It is an exciting time to join Mission Neighborhood Centers, Inc. (MNC)!
MNC is seeking full-time After-School Program Lead who will provide out of school time services to children and youth that are at risk for negative academic outcomes. The position is responsible for the coordination and implementation of an after-school and summer program for elementary and middle school age children and youth.
- Plan, coordinate, oversee and evaluate all aspects of the on-site Precita after school and summer program for children and youth in compliance with contract regulations.
- Create innovative culturally relevant enrichment curriculum and program designs that are focused on program goals. Curriculum follows ongoing 8-week cycles throughout the year.
- Incorporate academic content and skill development to program curriculum that contributes to participants’ school success and helps address the achievement gap.
- Coordinate, supervise and implement on-site daily activities including, but not limited to cultural enrichment, academic support, college & career exploration, health & fitness, social justice and youth leadership.
- Plan and implement project-based learning and experiential outings and activities to enhance participants learning and skill development.
- Provide orientation, supervise, evaluate and provide leadership development to recreational aides, interns, volunteers and youth workers assigned to the Precita after school and summer program.
- Recruit in-kind service providers to implement enrichment activities on site.
- Develop outreach plan and provide presentations to recruit and retain program participants.
- Conduct intake, registration and orientation process for new participants and their caregivers.
- Responsible for after-school and summer program supply requests, maintenance, and inventory.
- Responsible for budget planning, invoicing and budget monitoring for ASP and summer programs.
- Maintains accurate program and client records and follows reporting procedures. Compiles, analyzes, verifies and submits data according to funding schedule and guidelines.
- Act as liaison with school, community, public agencies and parents/guardians of participants.
- Provides walking and shuttle service to program participants from local school sites.
- Monitors the distribution and record keeping of the daily snack program provided to participants.
- Produce content for quarterly parent newsletter and implement quarterly parent meetings/trainings.
- Collaborate in the planning and production of community events such as: Dia de los Muertos, Carnaval, International Women’s Day, holiday events, and graduation ceremonies.
- Participate in weekly staff meetings and MNC trainings and events.
- Make referrals to other MNC youth and family services and other community resources.
- Advocates for participant needs, providing referral information, when appropriate to internal and external services based on individual participant needs. Provides individual follow-up services to clients as needed.
- Actively participates in the creation and implementation of a personal staff development plan striving for self-improvement.
- Must be available to participate in late afternoon, evening and some weekend activities as needed.
- Supporting other Youth Service Programs as needed.
Education: AS Degree with an emphasis in Social Work, Counseling, Psychology or related field; must be enrolled in college education working towards an BA degree in Social Work, Counseling, Psychology or related field, with a current official transcript on file plus at least 2 years of Coordinating Experience; or AS in a related field with at least 3 years of Coordinating Experience; or 6 years of Coordinating and Direct Service Experience.
Experience: Required 5+ years’ work experience with youth ages 9-17 and must have experience and knowledge of trauma informed, restorative and harm reduction practices.
- Current CA Driver’s License, current auto insurance and a clean driving record.
- Current CPR & First Aid Certificate (every 2 years thereafter)
- Current Immunizations (TB) (every 2 years thereafter)
- Clearance Child Abuse Index
Language(s): Fluent in English/Spanish
If you are seeking an organization that values, promotes and develops leadership by delivering culturally sensitive, multi-generational, community based services that empower families to build strong, healthy, and vibrant neighborhoods with the vision of a strong, healthier and more vibrant community that respects and celebrates its many rich, cultural traditions, please apply.
How to Apply:
If you are qualified and interested in applying, please send your resume and cover letter with After-School Program Lead in the subject line to email@example.com
Please do not contact us by phone. Please visit our web site for additional information on our Company web-site at: www.mncsf.org
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome diversity in the workplace. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.