Mission Neighborhood Centers
San Francisco, CA
It is an exciting time to join Mission Neighborhood Centers, Inc. (MNC)!
MNC is seeking a full-time Human Resources Assistant, this is a unique position that will primarily be responsible for supporting the day-to-day administration of Human Resources operations functions. Under the supervision of the HR Manager responds to employee questions and external queries concerning a variety of Human Resources related issues. Processes all required employee paperwork to ensure the timeliness and integrity of data entered into Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS).
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Perform a wide variety of responsible clerical, technical, administrative, and office support duties in support of the Human Resources Department.
- Provide customer service, both in-person and by telephone; screen and direct telephone calls; take and relay messages; answer questions from employees and the general public regarding human resources issues, rules, and regulations relating to human resources management; respond to employment verification requests, and other requests for information.
- Provide general clerical and administrative support to the Human Resources Division; compose and type letters, memoranda, and other correspondence related to assigned human resources programs and activities; prepare a variety of reports including technical reports and status reports pertaining to human resource management programs and activities.
- Prepare and maintain accurate records, files and reports; including responsible for maintaining personnel records in a hard copy and electronic format.
- Under the guidance of the HR Manager conducts periodic internal audits which include: I-9’s, personnel, medical, credentialing, FMLA and Worker’s Comp audits to ensure documentation and files are up to date and in compliance with regulations. Including external audits for grant regulations.
- Works closely with the HR Manager in developing, implementing and evaluating ongoing HR best practices, policies, programs, functions and activities.
- Process termination paperwork, COBRA administration, conduct exit interviews and respond to Unemployment claims filed.
- Under the supervision of the HR Manager, administers and handles credentialing for all facilities.
Recruitment and On-Boarding
- Specific recruitment processing tasks include: screening candidate CV’s against job descriptions, updating vacancy and applicant status within the recruitment procedure, organizing interviews and producing interview schedules, liaising with applicants to provide updates on their progress, etc.
- Post openings on external job boards and update Company career page.
- Attend career fairs for recruiting and Company recognition. Develop working relationships within colleges to aid in recruiting.
- Complete reference checks, background screening, develop offer letters for proper signature approval.
- Coordinate new hire orientation for new hires, to include, coordination of new hire paperwork, follow-up with on-boarding throughout the new hire’s introductory period, and provide benefits administration to all new hires.
Policy Management and Compliance
- Maintain knowledge and ensure compliance with applicable governmental agencies such as EEOC, OSHA, DOL, IWC, which affect human resources functions and ensures policies, procedures and reporting are in compliance.
- Has a solid understanding of all human resource functional areas and is familiar with internal policies and procedures.
- Ensures all up-to-date legal postings are placed in a designated area within established timeframes.
- Provide comprehensive Human Resources support for all staff employees.
- Manage a professional employee relationship by doing location check-in on a monthly basis.
- Manage and record all employee trainings in HRIS systems.
Education: High School Degree Required. Associate or Bachelor’s Degree in Business and/or Human Resources preferred.
Experience: Minimum of 2+ years professional administrative role or in human resources; non-profit experience a plus.
- English, Spanish preferred
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Access) and HRIS/Payroll systems.
If you are seeking an organization that values, promotes and develops leadership by delivering culturally sensitive, multi-generational, community based services that empower families to build strong, healthy, and vibrant neighborhoods with the vision of a strong, healthier and more vibrant community that respects and celebrates its many rich, cultural traditions, please apply.
How to Apply
If you are qualified and interested in applying, please send your resume and cover letter with Human Resources Assistant in the subject line to email@example.com.
Please do not contact us by phone. Please visit our web site for additional information on our Company web-site at: www.mncsf.org
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome diversity in the workplace. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.