It is an exciting time to join Mission Neighborhood Centers, Inc. (MNC)!
Under the supervision of the Human Resources Director, the Human Resources Assistant will primarily be responsible for supporting the day-to-day administration of Human Resources operation functions. Under the supervision of the HR Director responds to employee questions and external queries concerning a variety of Human Resources related issues. Processes all required employee paperwork to ensure the timeliness and integrity of data entered into Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS).
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide customer service, both in-person and by telephone; screen and direct telephone calls; take and relay messages; answer questions from employees and the general public regarding human resources issues, rules, and regulations relating to human resources management; and other requests for information.
- Provide general clerical support to the HR Department; compose and type letters, memoranda, and other correspondence related to assigned human resources programs and activities; prepare a variety of reports including technical reports and status reports pertaining to human resource management programs and activities.
- Provide general administrative support to the HR Department; ordering supplies, photo copying, filing, scanning, data entry, arranging meetings, scheduling calendar appointments, etc.
- Sort incoming HR mail and process outgoing mail, as needed.
- Prepare and maintain accurate records, files and reports including, responsible for maintaining personnel records in a hard copy and electronic format.
- Respond in a timely manner to all employment verification requests by completing verbal and written verifications, including composing employment verification letters.
- Partner with HR Coordinator to schedule new hire and benefit orientations, build orientation packets, coordinate new hire and termination paperwork, communicate new hire announcements, create badges for new staff members.
- Administers and recommends improvements to internal employee recordkeeping systems including, the HRIS, Payroll System, and manual filing systems.
- Assists in the off-boarding processes including, coordination of final checks, create Notice to Employee as to Change in Relationship form, termination of all access systems including, but not limited to Windows, Outlook, ADP, Vbas, HRIS systems and return of all agency property.
- Manages the distribution of Agency’s bi-weekly payroll checks.
- Administers CA Megan’s Law Background Checks for all volunteers and submits to the Health & Nutrition Department for processing.
- Under the guidance of the HR Director conducts periodic internal audits which include: I-9, personnel, and credentialing audits to ensure documentation and files are up-to-date and in compliance with regulations.
- Works closely with the HR Director in developing, implementing and evaluating ongoing HR best practices, policies, programs, functions and activities.
Policy Management and Compliance
- Maintain knowledge and ensure compliance with applicable governmental agencies such as EEOC, OSHA, DOL, IWC, which affect human resources functions and ensures policies, procedures and reporting are in compliance.
- Has a solid understanding of all human resource functional areas and is familiar with internal policies and procedures.
- Orders yearly legal postings for all sites and coordinates with HR Coordinator to ensure all up-to-date legal postings are placed in a designated area within established timeframes.
- Provide comprehensive Human Resources support for all staff employees.
- Manage a professional employee relationship by doing location check-in on a bi-weekly basis.
- Assist and coordinate harassment training to ensure compliance with state and federal regulations.
- Assist and coordinate in supervisor/manager trainings for all management staff members.
- Assist and coordinate quarterly safety trainings are being conducted and recorded in proper employee files.
- Manage and record all employee trainings in HRIS systems.
POSITION QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
Education: High School Degree Required. Associate or Bachelor’s Degree in Business and/or Human Resources preferred
Experience: Minimum of 2+ years professional administrative role or in human resources; non-profit experience a plus
Language(s): English, Spanish preferred
How to Apply
If you are qualified and interested in applying, please send your resume and cover letter with Human Resources Assistant in the subject line to email@example.com
Please do not contact us by telephone. Please visit our web site for additional information on our Company web-site at: www.mncsf.org
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome diversity in the workplace. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.