It is an exciting time to join Mission Neighborhood Centers, Inc. (MNC)!
Under the supervision of the Health & Nutrition Manager (H/N Manager), the Health Specialist will primarily be responsible for monitoring, planning, tracking and implementing high quality services related to health, safety, nutrition, and pregnant women. Provides support to Health & Nutrition Manager as well as, the Health/Disabilities Coordinator as needed; will ensure compliance with Head Start/Early Head Start regulations.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS / RESPONSIBILITIES
• Reviews health documents to ensure that all enrolled children/pregnant women are on a schedule for age appropriate, preventative, and primary health care within 30 days of child’s/pregnant woman entry as well as monitoring 45, 60, 90 day health requirements so that each deadline is met.
• Works with Family Service Specialists, Site Supervisors, Home Visitors, and other Children’s Services Staff and follows through to arrange any medical, dental, immunizations, follow up and treatment directly with families.
• Provides and/or coordinates the provision of hearing and vision screenings, height and weight reports and blood pressure readings for children as required by Head Start Program Performance Standards (HSPPS).
• Supports the H/N Manager with weekly meal orders, food purchasing, preparation, services, and storage, kitchen cleanliness, food handling and dishwashing procedures; provides training and technical assistance to Children Services staff, as needed.
• When directed by H/N Manager, identifies and distributes health, dental, emergency, nutrition, and pre-natal services resources within the community; ensures all these services are shared across the program; and, helps parents as needed, in securing a source of accessible health care for their families.
• Attends interagency meetings which include quarterly Health Services Advisory Committee, Policy Council, and other meetings as directed.
• Participates in monthly and quarterly program monitoring & annual self-assessment, and other assessments, as needed.
• Supports H/N/MH/D Coordinator in maintaining detailed, accurate, up-to-date and confidential electronic records including child files.
• Supports H/N/MH/D Coordinator in translation of documents, updates forms and presentations, as necessary.
• Works with H/N Manager to review and revise program policies and procedures on health related content, as needed.
POSITION QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
Education: AS/AA Degree, and/or Bachelor’s degree in Education, Public Health Administration or in related field preferred.
Experience: 2-3 years in health/nutrition related experience preferred, 2+ years community-based experience in a setting working with families and community organizations who have experienced poverty, crisis, trauma, and other adverse events.
• Current Physical Health Screening (every 2 years thereafter)
• Fingerprinting Clearance (DOJ)
• Current Immunizations (TB (every 2 years thereafter) , Influenza (yearly), MMR, Pertussis)
• Clearance Child Abuse Index
• Current CPR & First Aid Certificate (every 2 years thereafter)
Language(s): English, Spanish required
How to Apply
If you are qualified and interested in applying, please send your resume and cover letter with Health Speciaist in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please do not contact us by telephone. Please visit our web site for additional information on our Company web-site at: www.mncsf.org
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome diversity in the workplace. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.