Bring your passion for teaching and make a difference in a child’s life in one of San Francisco’s premier child development organizations. Join and grow with MNC!
We have been providing early care and education in San Francisco for 38 years. Currently, we are rapidly expanding our early care and education services for infants, toddlers, and preschoolers as we open new classrooms and facilities in San Francisco. Adding to our portfolio of ten child development centers in the city are two new state-of-the-art infant and toddler classrooms in Southeast Families United (SEFAU) in the Bayview District. We are looking for Early Head Start Lead Teachers to guide and mentor our passionate team of teachers at SEFAU to:
• Create a safe and nurturing learning environment for children 3 months to 3 years old
• Facilitate small group activities to support the physical, socio-emotional, and cognitive development of our children
• Observe, monitor, and share with parents their milestones and areas of improvement. Encourage parent involvement through family events, field trips, and other family engagement activities.
• Direct volunteers and parents to ensure compliance with health and safety practices
• Implement the Creative Curriculum and design lesson plans that stimulate our little ones’ curious minds and spark enriching learning interactions; tailoring individualized activities based on each one’s unique needs.
• Use research-based teaching strategies, individual assessment data, and positive discipline techniques
What we offer:
• Competitive salaries ranging from $47,000-54,000/year based on experience
• Small group setting with low teacher to child ratio (1:3 for infants, 1:4 for toddlers)
• Comprehensive health, vision, and dental benefits
• Employee Assistance Program provides staff with access to professional consultations around financial, health, and legal matters
• Professional development opportunities, paid staff training days, and support for continuing education
• Opportunities to participate in 403(b) retirement program with a matching plan and Flexible Savings Account (FSA) for medical reimbursement
• Commuter benefits
• A rewarding career with opportunities to branch out to multiple career paths in early care and education
• AA Degree with an emphasis in Early Childhood Education or Child Development; must be enrolled in college working towards a BA degree in Early Childhood Development
• 16-hour certification in training and experience in the principles of child health, safety and nutrition
• 1 + year(s) experience in an infant / toddler setting and meets the California Community Care Licensing requirements, including 12 ECE Units (6 core Infant/Toddler units, 2 units in Adult Supervision and 6 Administrative units)
• State of California Child Development Site Supervisor Level Permit
• Clearance Child Abuse Index
• Fingerprinting Clearance (DOJ)
• Willing to get current immunizations (TB, Influenza, MMR, Pertussis) and physical health screening
• Has a CPR & First Aid Certificate or must be willing to attend a training to obtain a certificate
• Registered or willing to register with the Early Care & Education Workforce Registry
• Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Internet Explorer; Excel and PowerPoint a plus
• Preferred: Bilingual, bi-literate in English/Spanish or other language based on program needs.
• Knowledge of Head Start/Early Head Start, a plus
How to Apply:
If you are qualified and interested in joining and growing with us, please send your resume and cover letter with Early Head Start Infant/Toddler Lead Teacher in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Learn more about the work that we do to uplift the lives of children, families, and our communities at www.mncsf.org.
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome diversity in the workplace. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.