Bring your passion for teaching and make a difference in a child’s life in one of San Francisco’s premier child development organizations. Join and grow with MNC!
We have been providing early care and education in San Francisco for 38 years. Currently, we are rapidly expanding our early care and education services for infants, toddlers, and preschoolers as we open new classrooms and facilities to add to our portfolio of ten child development centers. We are looking for an Inclusion Floater Teacher for our Centro de Alegria center located in the heart of the Mission District.
Join our passionate team of teachers to:
• Provide individualized support to children with high-needs to meet their Individual Education Plan (IEP)
• Create a safe and nurturing learning environment for children ages 3 to 5 years old
• Assist Lead and Associate teachers in implementing the Creative Curriculum and conducting group activities that support the physical, socio-emotional, and cognitive development of children especially those with special needs
• Encourage parent involvement through family events, field trips, and other family engagement activities
• Assist volunteers and parents to ensure compliance with health and safety practices
• Cover teaching staff for breaks, meetings, and trainings to maintain required teacher-child ratio
• Serve meals, organize supplies and equipment, and provide general classroom support
What we offer:
• Competitive salaries ranging from $37,000-45,000/year based on experience
• Small group setting with low, (1:8) teacher to child ratio
• Comprehensive health, vision, and dental benefits
• Employee Assistance Program provides staff with access to professional consultations around financial, health, and legal matters
• Professional development opportunities, paid staff training days, and support for continuing education
• Opportunities to participate in 403(b) retirement program with a matching plan and Flexible Savings Account (FSA) for medical reimbursement
• Commuter benefits
• A rewarding career with opportunities to branch out to multiple career paths in early care and education
• High School Diploma or GED; must be enrolled in college working towards an AA degree in Early Childhood Development, ESL and/or General Education
• 16-hour certification in training and experience in the principles of child health, safety and nutrition
• Experience in a preschool setting and meets the California Community Care Licensing requirements, including 6 ECE Units including core courses
• State of California Child Development Assistant Teacher Level Permit
• Clearance Child Abuse Index
• Fingerprinting Clearance (DOJ)
• Willing to get current immunizations (TB, Influenza, MMR, Pertussis) and physical health screening
• CPR & First Aid Certified or must be willing to attend a training to obtain a certificate
• Registered or willing to register with the Early Care & Education Workforce Registry
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications: Outlook, Word, and Internet Explorer
• Preferred: Bilingual, bi-literate in English/Spanish or other language based on program needs.
• Knowledge of Head Start/Early Head Start, a plus
How to Apply:
If you are qualified and interested in joining and growing with us, please send your resume and cover letter with Inclusion Floater Teacher in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Learn more about the work that we do to uplift the lives of children, families, and our communities at www.mncsf.org.
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome diversity in the workplace. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.